The American Geriatrics Society 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting (#AGS17) is the premier educational event in geriatrics, providing the latest information on clinical care, research on aging, and innovative models of care delivery. #AGS17 will address the needs and emerging insights of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants, social workers, long-term care and managed care providers, healthcare administrators, and others committed to healthy aging.
Members of the media receive FREE meeting registration and exclusive access to annual meeting resources, materials, and expert spokespeople.
What Members of the Media Should Know About #AGS17
A forum for the latest news, information, and insights from geriatrics research, policy, and practice for some 2,500+ healthcare professionals specializing in the care of older adults.
May 18-20, 2017
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, TX
#AGS17 stands at the crossroads between a growing demand for expert health professionals and the need for innovation to provide quality care for more and more of us as we age.
Complimentary media registration includes:
- Admittance to 100+ symposia, events, and networking opportunities focused on geriatrics research, education, policy, and healthcare delivery.
- Advance access to the conference program, a geriatrics press kit, and corresponding materials, with detailed information on individual meeting sessions and highlights.
- Assistance with material requests and expert interviews, as well as on-site access to an exclusive media center.
Contact Dan Trucil (DTrucil@americangeriatrics.org) for more information
The #AGS17 Press Room will be located in Room 7B at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. The press room will be available as follows:
|DATE||PRESS ROOM HOURS|
|Wed., 5/17||6-7pm CT|
|Thurs., 5/18||8-9am CT; 1-5pm CT|
|Fri., 5/19||8-9am CT; 1-5pm CT|
|Sat., 5/20||6:30-7:30am CT; 10:30-11:30am CT|
Resources for Reporters
Embargo Policy for Partner Organizations & Presenters
- Data to be presented at the AGS Annual Scientific Meeting are under embargo until accepted submissions are published in the Annual Scientific Meeting supplement from the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. Contact DTrucil@americangeriatrics.org to confirm timing for publication.
- Individuals or organizations interested in promoting presentations or their presence at the AGS Annual Scientific Meeting should contact Dan Trucil (DTrucil@americangeriatrics.org) for information about promotion, press room presence, spokesperson availability, and media relations. Third-party press releases do not require official review by the AGS unless they reference meeting details or include commentary from AGS spokespeople or staff; we do ask for advance notice of distribution and promotion plans.