Sign up for the One-on-One AGS Mentoring Program at the AGS Annual Meeting!
The One-on-One AGS Mentoring Program matches students, residents, fellows, junior faculty and other healthcare professional trainees with seasoned geriatrics faculty from across the country. The mentees have the opportunity to meet with mentors during the Annual Meeting and discuss topics ranging from: starting an academic career to locating research funding, learning more about geriatric practice and administration, and balancing career demands with a successful family life.
Every year, we have about 100 mentees who participate in the program, including medical students interested in the field of geriatrics, residents wanting to learn more about geriatric fellowships, geriatric fellows contemplating specific research questions and career advice and junior faculty members seeking advice on further career development.
The application period for mentees runs from January through April of each year. If you have a question about your application, please contact Lauren Kopchik at email@example.com.
Every year, we also get about 100 mentors with a wide range of experience in clinical practice, administration, education and research across a variety of specialties within geriatrics.
Process and Timing
Prior to the Annual Meeting, program volunteers from the AGS Jr. Faculty Special Interest Group will match Mentees with Mentors and provide all Mentees the Mentor name and contact information. It will be the responsibility of the Mentee to initiate contact with assigned Mentor and arrange a mutually convenient meeting time and place. It is our intention to provide both an interesting and informative opportunity for all participants!
Exact dates are TBD and vary each year:
- Early January – Applications will open for Mentors on MyAGSOnline
- Late January or Early February – Applications will open for Mentees on MyAGSOnline, and a list of currently available Mentors will be posted (this list is updated automatically as more Mentors sign up)
- Early April – Last day for Mentees and Mentors to apply for Mentoring Program
- First or Second Week of April – Match results will be distributed and Mentees will be provided with Mentor information
- Mid-April – Mentees should contact Mentors to agree on where and when to meet