Guidelines for Preparing Posters
Size of Poster
Each poster board is 4 ft high by 8 ft wide. Your poster can be of any size as long as it fits on the poster board and the lettering is legible from a distance of 2 feet.
On the top right corner of the poster board will be your poster number. This is the number assigned to your abstract, and provided to you in your email notification.
Poster Layout and Format
Your poster must have the following information. Please also see the diagram below for an example of the proper poster layout.
- Center the poster title and author(s) on the poster.
- Under the title and author(s), you must include the following statement in font type at least 1 inch high and bolded (Tip: depending on the font, usually a minimum of 72pt.):
“The research reported on this poster was supported by [NAME OF SUPPORTER(S)]. The investigators retained full independence in the conduct of this research.”
On the upper LEFT corner of the poster board (not poster), place a copy of your typed abstract. This should be a separate document. Please use font size of at least 18 pts.
Tips for a Good Poster
- avoid too many words, use bullet points, clear figures, large bold font
- post a copy of your abstract.
- prepare in advance and post all illustrations needed for your presentation--figures, tables, schemes, equations, etc.
- mount your presentation on the poster board with pushpins
- pushpins will be available in the Exhibit Hall