We continuously monitor the state of the COVID-19 pandemic and will adjust our health and safety protocols as necessary to ensure a safe in-person meeting experience. AGS has a Vaccination Required policy for all attendees, exhibitors, press, audio visual, registration, IT, other support staff, and AGS staff at the 2022 AGS Annual Scientific Meeting in Orlando. In-person participants will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 with an FDA approved or authorized vaccine or a vaccine meeting the WHO’s criteria for safety and efficacy before arriving at the meeting.
If you are unable to travel to Orlando in 2022, we do have an On-Demand option, where you can view 19 of the top sessions from AGS22 after the meeting and earn up to 19.5 CME/MOC/CE credits. The On-Demand option is available until August 14, 2022.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure at AGS22, we are requiring all attendees, exhibitors, press, audio visual, registration, IT, other support staff, and AGS staff at the 2022 AGS Annual Scientific Meeting in Orlando, Florida to review the following conditions and confirm that they will abide by these conditions when attending AGS22 to keep all attendees safe.
- provide proof that you are fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 with an FDA approved or authorized vaccine or a vaccine meeting the WHO’s criteria for safety and efficacy before arriving at the meeting. See Proof of Vaccination – Validation Process section below to submit your proof of vaccination.
- wear a mask at all times during indoor AGS22-sponsored activities
- abide by all applicable COVID-related requirements under federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, as well as any requirements imposed by the venue or AGS
- convert your in-person registration to the on-demand option if you have been diagnosed with COVID -19, or experienced any COVID-19 related symptoms, within 14 days prior to event
- if you experience symptoms while onsite during the event, you agree to depart from the event, wear a mask, self-quarantine, obtain a PCR test and notify us of a positive result
- notify AGS if you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days after the event
*The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after receiving a second shot of a two-dose vaccine, or two weeks after the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
AGS reserves the right to, at any time, and at our sole discretion, modify these terms and conditions. Any such modification will be effective immediately upon public posting. Your annual meeting registration following any such modification constitutes your acceptance of these modified Terms.
PROOF OF VACCINATION - VALIDATION PROCESS
AGS is using the free CLEAR Health Pass app to collect and verify vaccination information. With CLEAR’s Health Pass feature, your COVID-19 health screening is quick, easy, and secure. To validate vaccination status, please download the CLEAR Health Pass app on to your smartphone, or tablet, and complete your set up with your vaccine information any time prior to arriving in Orlando.
AGS will not accept exemptions or proof of negative tests in lieu of verified vaccination status using the CLEAR Health Pass.
The Clear app can only be used by US citizens. If you reside outside of the US, you will be contacted by registration staff prior to the meeting to provide proof of your vaccination status.
The AGS22 CLEAR Health Pass will be offered in connection with CLEAR, an independent third party facilitating secure identity and vaccine validation via a free mobile application at airports, sports and entertainment venues, and other locations across the country.
CLEAR HEALTH PASS VALIDATION
- Download the free CLEAR app to your smartphone (https://clear.app.link/EFAttendee421) on Apple or Android.
- Click on the red + sign at the top right to Create Your Health Pass.
- Enter “EFATTENDEE421” in the Organization Code box. Please note: the pass will not specifically mention AGS22 or the Swan and Dolphin Hotel.
- Follow the prompts to enroll in Clear, verify your identity and provide proof of vaccination.
- Once you have provided your vaccination information and photo for validation, you will be issued a secure digital CLEAR Health Pass, indicating your vaccination information has been validated. A green background means you are good to go!
- In Orlando, AGS22 attendees will show their green AGS22 CLEAR Health Pass on their smartphones at the Vaccination Verification desk before proceeding to registration to receive their badge. No badges will be distributed to attendees who do not use the CLEAR Health Pass app to verify their vaccination status.
With CLEAR, you are always in control of your information. AGS only receives confirmation that an attendee satisfied the requirements for access with the equivalent of a red or green result — and never has access to an individual’s private health data. For further information on how CLEAR protects user data, see the terms here. If you are having difficulty completing your Health Pass, please call Clear at 1-855-253-2763.
The wearing of protective masks is required of all AGS22 attendees, exhibitors, press, audio visual, registration, IT, other support staff, and AGS staff, regardless of whether or not it is required by law at the time of the meeting. Masks must be worn properly (covering both mouth and nose) at all times except when actively eating, drinking, or presenting. Attendees should bring their own high-quality masks to wear.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Mask Policies:
FOR GUESTS: Face coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations at the Walt Disney World Resort including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin and Swan Reserve. We expect Guests who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, including indoor attractions and theaters. Face coverings are still required by all Guests (ages 2 and up) on enclosed Disney transportation, including buses, Friendship boats, monorails, and Disney Skyliner.
GUESTS (AGES 2 AND UP) EXPECTED TO WEAR FACE COVERINGS
FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS
GUESTS NOT FULLY VACCINATED
If You Are Not Feeling Well at AGS22
If you feel sick while you are attending AGS22, you are required to proceed as follows:
- Get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible. Rapid onsite testing is available in room Europe 5 (see below).
- If your test results come back positive, self-isolate in your hotel room. You can still watch the livestream of all sessions that are scheduled in the Pacific Ballroom on the TV in your hotel room (see below).
Onsite COVID Testing – Room Europe 5
Testing for COVID-19 will be available in room Europe 5 for the convenience of attendees. Attendees will be charged individually for their own testing. The following tests will be available:
- Rapid Antigen Test
$75 per test; results are returned in approximately 15 minutes.
- PCR Swab
$195.00 per test (without domestic insurance); results are returned within 24 hours.
Testing will be available during the following hours:
Thursday, May 12 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Friday, May 13 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Saturday, May 14 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Livestream Sessions In Your Hotel Room
All sessions that are scheduled in the Pacific Ballroom will be livestreamed to your hotel room. Follow the instructions below to access.
1. From the main TV menu in your room, select the sub-menu that says "Event Channel". Then select "Geriatrics22".
3. Input the passcode via the remote onto the screen. The passcode for the program is 1971.
4. The channel will unlock and the content will be able to be viewed once it has begun.
As part of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel’s ongoing commitment to the health and safety of their Guests, Cast Members and the larger community, they have high standards for general cleanliness and sanitation and employ robust cleaning procedures, such as:
- Training for Cast Members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer dispensers
- Defined cycles for frequent enhanced cleaning of targeted areas
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
- End of day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen, and other facilities
Complimentary hand sanitizer will be available in the lobby of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel. Hand sanitizer stations are located in common areas in the hotel.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend AGS22?
Yes. The safety of meeting attendees is our top priority, and we believe the most effective way to ensure the safety of all attendees is for them to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As such, proof of vaccination will be required for all in-person (e.g. , registrants, speakers, exhibitors, guests, etc.) meeting attendees prior to traveling to Orlando. In-person AGS22 attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an FDA approved or authorized vaccine or a vaccine meeting the WHO’s criteria for safety and efficacy before arriving at the meeting. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after receiving a second shot of a two-dose vaccine, or two weeks after the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Do I need a booster shot to be considered fully vaccinated?
AGS strongly encourages all eligible attendees to receive a booster shot; however, they are not required to meet the current vaccine requirement. CDC has not expanded the definition of “fully vaccinated” to require a booster shot at this time. You may review more on booster eligibility here.
How will AGS verify my vaccination status?
Prior to arriving on site, attendees will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the WHO or FDA. AGS is using the free CLEAR Health Pass app to collect and verify vaccination information. With CLEAR’s Health Pass feature, your COVID-19 health screening is quick, easy, and secure.
Can I bring my vaccination card to registration/check-in to obtain a badge?
No. All vaccine verification must be conducted via the CLEAR app. We are unable to accept or review vaccination cards onsite in lieu of an attendee’s use of the CLEAR app. Attendees who appear onsite with a vaccination card and have not already obtained verification via the CLEAR app will be directed to download the CLEAR app and complete the verification process in a separate area. Once vaccination has been verified by the CLEAR app, you may return to the registration queue and obtain your badge.
Anyone unable to obtain verification via the CLEAR app will be denied a meeting badge. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to complete this process prior to traveling to Orlando.
If you appear onsite and are unable to show or obtain vaccine verification, you will not receive a badge and will not be able to access onsite AGS22 activities. Your registration will be transferred to On-Demand Access, but no refunds will be issued.
Can AGS staff determine whether I have been vaccinated or have completed the verification process?
No. For privacy reasons, AGS staff cannot access who has and has not completed vaccine verification via the CLEAR app. If you are unable to complete the vaccine verification process via the CLEAR app, registration staff will not be able to provide you with a meeting badge.
What if I am unable to obtain verification via the CLEAR app?
If the CLEAR app cannot verify your vaccination status, please contact CLEAR at 1-800-CLEAR-ME to diagnose the issue. AGS staff will not be able to manually override the CLEAR verification process onsite.
Will everyone at the meeting be fully vaccinated?
In addition to all attendees, all AGS staff and vendors working at the meeting will be fully vaccinated; however, AGS is not legally able to require local hotel staff to be vaccinated. All hotel staff will be required to wear masks.
Do I need to test before arriving at AGS22?
No, we are not requiring AGS22 attendees to take a COVID-19 test before arriving in Orlando.
Will masks be required during the meeting?
The wearing of protective masks is required of all attendees, exhibitors, press, audio visual, registration, IT, other support staff, and AGS staff, regardless of whether or not it is required by law at the time of the meeting. Masks must be worn properly (covering both mouth and nose) at all times except when actively eating, drinking, or presenting. Attendees should bring their own high-quality masks to wear.
Will I have to do anything different during registration in regards to health and safety?
As a condition of registration, all registrants are required to acknowledge they have read and will comply with the AGS22 Health and Safety Attestations.
What sanitation efforts will be enforced?
Even though the science now shows that COVID-19 transmission is unlikely to occur from touching surfaces touched by multiple persons (i.e., podiums, etc.), hotel staff will clean these regularly to promote healthy sanitation overall. Hand sanitizer will also be available in multiple locations throughout the meeting space.
What if I don’t feel well while I’m at the meeting?
If you don’t feel well during the meeting, please stay in your hotel room and do not enter the meeting space. More information on local testing options will be provided closer to the meeting.