The American Geriatrics Society is pleased to welcome you to the 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting scheduled on May 2–4 (pre-conference day May 1), at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, OR. The Oregon Convention Center is located at 777 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, Portland, OR 97232; Tel: 503-235-7575.
The AGS secured guest rooms at a negotiated group rate on a first come first serve basis. Click here for details to make reservations by the April 7th deadline.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security recently established new “Real ID” minimum security standards for driver’s licenses and state identity cards used for boarding domestic flights in the U.S. Residents of certain states may need additional identification documents to clear security. Click here for more information and to see whether identification issued by your state complies with new security standards. In advance of your departure for #AGS19, we strongly suggest contacting your carrier to confirm your identification documents will be valid for travel.
The Portland International Airport (PDX) is approximately 11 miles from the Convention Center and the surrounding hotels – about 30–45 minutes travel time depending on traffic.
Airport Shuttle Service
Blue Star Transportation Group provides shuttle service between Portland International Airport (PDX) and the Downtown area every 30 minutes. Shuttles depart PDX every half hour from 7:00 am to 12:00 am. For advance reservations, contact Blue Start Transportation at 503-249-1837 or book online here. Rates are $14 per person one way or $24 per person round trip.
Blue Star Transportation is located outside baggage claim. Follow these steps:
- Exit baggage claim area
- Take the walkway to the left
- Go to island #2
- Blue Star transportation booth is on the left of island #2
Portland International Airport (PDX) is located 9 miles (14.5 km) northeast of downtown Portland and is conveniently connected to the city center via MAX Light Rail train. The MAX Light Rail Red Line is the easiest way to travel to and from the airport. Here are some quick facts:
- The trip between the airport and downtown Portland takes about 38 minutes.
- An adult ticket costs $2.50 (Youth $1.25, Honored Citizen $1). MAX ticket machines return change in coins, so small bills are recommended.
- All AGS registered meeting attendees will receive a complimentary pass on Portland’s Light Rail Max, Streetcar & Bus System, available at the AGS registration booth in the Convention Center.
- You can roll your luggage on board.
- The first train of the day arrives at PDX at 4:45 a.m. The last train departs PDX at 11:50 p.m.
- The MAX station and ticket machines are located on the lower level, next to the south baggage claim area (turn right at the base of the escalator). View airport map.
- View complete schedules and more information here.
There is an underground garage available for parking at the Oregon Convention Center. You may enter the garage through either the NE Lloyd Boulevard or NE First Avenue entrances. Clearance is 7 feet. Information on this garage and parking rates is available online.
The AGS does not validate parking.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has updated its guidelines that mandate citizens to have an acceptable form of ID for both domestic and international travel. Click here to learn more about Real ID requirements. Also visit your local government for your specific state requirement.
International Attendee Travel Information
Due to increased security for citizens and visitors, the U.S. has updated its policies for visas. Specific information on passport and visa documents required to visit from other countries can be found here. If you require a visa to visit the U.S., it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible for timely processing of your documents.
If you require a personal Letter of Invitation for visa purposes to attend the meeting, email Dennise McAlpin at firstname.lastname@example.org.